Fresh from his overwhelming re-election victory, Gov. Bobby Jindal has unveiled an audacious education reform agenda that built around an expanded school voucher program, new charter schools, a rigorous teacher evaluation system and a revamped tenure system.Read more ›
Post Tagged with: "school choice"
by Kevin Mooney / on January 25, 2012 at 12:27 pm /
Subscribe by Email
Sign up to receive the daily American Clarion article digest, with links to articles.
Recent American Clarion Articles
- The Price of Violence and True, not Social, Justice
When you look at the typical understanding of Social justice, it is essentially the redistribution of wealth and has as its goal a so called equality of outcomes. I would understand that to mean everyone has exactly the same income, the same possessions, no one has more than any other in any way.
- Corruption: Call it What it Is…and Do Something About It
It is absolutely astounding to me that if the average American were to stand in front of an apple tree and were then told by these politicians (diplomatic magicians) that it were an orange tree, they would be sure to fall in line and agree with them. This is exactly what is happening when we
- Is Indoctrination the Highest Aspiration of College?
America is witnessing the fruits of our current education system on campuses across the nation, it is time for conservative elected leaders to begin the process of pulling out the weeds that have overrun what was the greatest education system the world has known. It won’t be easy, but the future
- Is Fundamental Islam Extreme, or Just a Few Muslims?
Of the 1.57 billion Muslims in our world, almost all use the two books, one is the Koran and the other is the Hadith. Both of these books are filled with radical passages and beliefs that do anything but teach
- Should Israel Give Up the Golan Heights?
Israel annexed the Golan Heights in 1981. In the midst of the terror wave in Israel, in November 2015, the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution calling for Israel to return the Golan to Syria. The EU included the Golan Heights in its anti-Semitic labelling
- President Obama’s Actions Benefit ISIS
I see that the state-controlled narrative is changing a bit due to the fact that the “Useful idiots,” who have been playing the stooge for this administration, are now coming to the realization that the game that they seemed to be playing is not a game at all.
- Who Were the Pilgrims?
As most Americans celebrate Thanksgiving today, stop a moment to consider who the Pilgrims were--that group of people we typically look back to as the originators of today's Thanksgiving
2012 2014 abortion America Christian Heritage Christianity conservatism Constitution crime culture debt defense economy education election ethnic issues family First Amendment freedom GOP government health care history homosexuality illegal immigration Islam legislature liberalism marriage Marxism media bias morality Obama ObamaCare religious freedom Republican Republicans RINOs Second Amendment socialism South Dakota spending taxes Tea Party terrorism(all tags)
- Bob Ellis: Basically the insured are paying a considerable portion of the bill for the uninsured. It's what happens in this distorted, ……
- franklinb23: TOS: It was reported that an abdominal CT scan ran $2,400 for Blue Shield policyholders in California. If you're ……
- WXRGina: Yes, Spouse, you're right, and we're aware of this, too. …
- Thisoldspouse: Gina, I hope your pastor has an entourage of armed elders - literally. He has put himself in the ……
- Thisoldspouse: "The SBC may simply be compensating (or over-compensating) for their history." Which begs the question: Why only start compensating NOW? I'll concede ……
- Thisoldspouse: There are no "gay" children, only abused children. A disproportionately high number of self-identifying homosexual adults report to have ……
- Thisoldspouse: Actually, cash payments are considerably lower than what is charged the insurance companies. A bird in the hand... …
- Thisoldspouse: Extend this monstrosity to its "single payer" conclusion, and you have... Social Security. …
- JGravelle: Better headline: Baptists Proclaim Satan to be the God of Abraham ... …
- Bob Ellis: It's possible, though I doubt it's directly related to that. I think most Southern Baptists (especially since most are Republicans ……