Navy torpedo boat PT 109 was rammed AUGUST 2, 1943, by a Japanese destroyer and sunk. The commander sustained permanent back injuries yet helped survivors swim miles to shore, which unfortunately was behind enemy lines in the Solomon Islands. After a daring rescue, he was awarded the Medal of heroism. Though one of his brothers was killed in the war, he went on to become a Congressman, Senator, and the 35th U.S. President. His name was John F. Kennedy.Read more ›
Post Tagged with: "John F. Kennedy"
Awarded the Navy’s medal of heroism during World War II and the Pulitzer Prize for his book Profiles in Courage, he was the youngest elected President, serving just over 1,000 days before being shot. This was John F. Kennedy, born MAY 29, 1917. Writing to Brazil’s President, Janio da Silva Quadros, January 31, 1961, John F. Kennedy stated: “To each of us is entrusted the heavy responsibility of guiding the affairs of a democratic nation founded on Christian ideals.”Read more ›
Subscribe by Email
Sign up to receive the daily American Clarion article digest, with links to articles.
Recent American Clarion Articles
- The Pharisees and Today’s Church: The Same Now as it Was Then
Many of today’s churches are no different than the Pharisees were. Precisely where in the Bible is homosexuality seen to be ok? Yet many denominations are ordaining gay pastors. Where in the Word of God is same-sex marriage approved? Yet many denominations are accepting this as
- Republic No More – And Why It Matters
The Founders wrote at length against pure democracy, which as one wag noted, “is two wolves and a sheep deciding on what’s for dinner.” That may be fine for the wolves today, but when three hunters enter the equation tomorrow, not so much. And when five PETA members enter the fray the day
- Evil Prevails When Good Men Do Nothing
In our county I think we are seeing a few areas in which the right has gotten off track. Crony capitalism is too commonplace even in many Republican districts and now a type of immoral conservatism where traditional values are held in contempt is gradually becoming a norm.
- Disney, Sea World and Universal Employee’s Caught in Sex Stings, Child Porn Arrests
CNN reported on July 14, 2014 that a Walt Disney World security guard and janitor at SeaWorld's Discovery Cove were among 18 men arrested in a sex sting dubbed "Operation April's Fools," Polk County, Florida. Those arrested responded to online ads from undercover detectives who posed as children or
- SOS: Speaking of Seniors – Think Medicaid Works Well?
In 2009, the leader of a think tank in Washington, D.C. asked me to edit a research project which the think tank had sponsored on problems with Medicaid. I was flattered and honored that a think tank based in D.C. noticed my articles on Medicare problems and thought enough of my writing to ask for
- Putting Off Legalism (and Apathy)
Sometimes the culture war is merely a distraction away from greater spiritual warfares. The enemy takes on many forms. There are even those times when our greatest foe is the person staring back at us. Ultimately our mirrors betray
- NRA Urging RINO Governor Veto Override
The National Rifle Association (NRA) is taking the unusual action of getting behind an override of South Dakota RINO Governor Dennis Daugaard's veto of Second Amendment legislation from the 2017 South Dakota legislative
- A. Castellitto: Guys like Paul Ryan & Marco Rubio are what drove many to somebody who was perceived an outsider like Trump.....……
- A. Castellitto: On record, if Clinton buddy, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has her way, sexual abuse of children 12-years or older would……
- A. Castellitto: Google Cathy O'Brien but even more confirmed/convincing is recent Dr Phil exposing Elite Pedo Ring in DC.... I can't believe……
- CoyoteJohnKerr: A.J., you hit the nail on the head! Another insightful and biblically accurate article. "Speak and act as……
- Bob Ellis: I concur. When he was announced, what I could find indicated great potential...but there was a lot that was unknown.……
- Michael Snow: The really Ugly: Last weekend, my sister was at the Rushmore Plaza in the convention center room for a……
- grevious channing: Initially, I believed that Gorsuch was a good choice. Unfortunately, after listening to his testimony this week, which was……
- CoyoteJohnKerr: I just had a glorious week off, serving with a mission trip to an orphanage in Mexico with a couple……
- DCM7: "When will Americans stop letting Congress pander to the baser elements of black society... and start treating them truly as……
- Danny Brand: Ninth Amendment Main article: Ninth Amendment to the United States Constitution The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall……