In part one of this article, I told you that in George Washington’s letter to Martha on June 23, 1775, the morning he was leaving Philadelphia for Boston to assume his position as commander-in-chief of the Continental army, he said to her, “I go fully trusting in that Providence, which has been more bountiful to me than I deserve.”Read more ›
Post Tagged with: "George Washinton"
by Bob Wittstruck / on January 30, 2016 at 7:05 am /
Subscribe by Email
Sign up to receive the daily American Clarion article digest, with links to articles.
Recent American Clarion Articles
- Trump Talk is Cheap; Let’s See the Actions
Steve Deace said something on his show Friday night that all Americans--especially those who call themselves Christians--need to hear and take deeply to heart.
- First 2017 Rapid City Legislative Crackerbarrel Meeting
The first legislative crackerbarrel meeting of 2017 in Rapid City was held at the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology this morning. Topics discussed included the new crackerbarrel question format, a bill concerning intellectual freedom in education, taxes, Initiated Measure 22, the ballot
- Warning Rejected,Curse Now in Place!
This is what “the sheep being led to the slaughter” means. America, you are undoing yourselves at every given step by what you tolerate in disobedience to the God so many of you professers claim to love.
- Look Out: Hysterical Liberals on the Attack
It's amusing watching the hysterical liberals rushing to attack any who disagree (even slightly) with them. They are, after all, the all knowing... the all righteous... and they'll provide the comments taken out of context & half truths to prove it.
- The First Presidential Inauguration of these United States
This week I will have the privilege to attend the inauguration of President-elect Donald Trump. While this is truly an honorable day and tradition for Americans, did you know there are seven distinct religious activities in the first presidential inauguration that have been repeated in whole or
- Conservatism is not Racism
The problem the Black Caucus has with Senator Sessions is not that he is a racist but that he is a conservative, and that is not good for their racket. We're not going to get out of our racial rut until everyone starts seeing and respecting people as
- Federal Takeover of the State Police Departments is Dangerous Myopia
Myopia is nearsightedness and it “is the most common refractive error of the eye…If you are nearsighted, you typically will have difficulty reading road signs and seeing distant objects clearly.”But there is another form of nearsightedness; seeing the items right under your nose, but missing
2012 2014 2016 abortion America Christian Heritage Christianity conservatism Constitution crime culture debt defense economy education election ethnic issues family First Amendment freedom free market GOP government health care history homosexuality Islam legislature liberalism marriage Marxism media bias morality Obama ObamaCare Rapid City religious freedom Republicans RINOs Second Amendment socialism South Dakota spending taxes terrorism(all tags)
- Carrie_K_Hutchens: You are so right!…
- Thisoldspouse: Their hysterics eventually, inevitably lead to criminal violence. It is here that we should spare no charge against them.……
- Thisoldspouse: A bitter sweet departure; sweet because we haven't been assured of real freedom for the better part of a decade……
- Bob Ellis: Yeah. I've known about him hanging Judge Moore out to dry for a while, but I'm hearing about several more……
- Thisoldspouse: Leftists are on board with Pryor over all the other candidates for a shocking reason - he concurred in 2011……
- Thisoldspouse: The cultural dumbing down continues apace. Not even socially conservative Christians are immune to it.…
- Bob Ellis: I have been thoroughly disgusted by "conservative" and "Christians" during this past presidential election (and in our state U.S. Senate……
- Bob Ellis: I agree. While Pryor is better overall than some other choices, he went after Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore for……
- Bob Ellis: Yes, the United States bears the bulk of the burden of keeping evil at bay in the world. We……
- Thisoldspouse: This capitulation is nothing new. For a long time now, you find self-describe "conservatives" who want marriage reserved to……