This is the kind of arrogance and elitism the Left has long harbored toward parents and Americans in general: parents are too stupid to know what’s best for their children, and need bureaucrats to make those decisions for them. Liberals used to avoid this kind of frank talk about their views in public, but with the advent of the most Marxist president in American history three years ago, they have grown bold enough to say what they really think more and more in public.Read more ›
Post Tagged with: "elitism"
by Bob Ellis / on February 14, 2012 at 12:55 pm /
Subscribe by Email
Sign up to receive the daily American Clarion article digest, with links to articles.
Recent American Clarion Articles
- Should Israel Give Up the Golan Heights?
Israel annexed the Golan Heights in 1981. In the midst of the terror wave in Israel, in November 2015, the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution calling for Israel to return the Golan to Syria. The EU included the Golan Heights in its anti-Semitic labelling
- President Obama’s Actions Benefit ISIS
I see that the state-controlled narrative is changing a bit due to the fact that the “Useful idiots,” who have been playing the stooge for this administration, are now coming to the realization that the game that they seemed to be playing is not a game at all.
- Who Were the Pilgrims?
As most Americans celebrate Thanksgiving today, stop a moment to consider who the Pilgrims were--that group of people we typically look back to as the originators of today's Thanksgiving
- What Ivan Ilyich Teaches Us About an Ordered Life
Any one of us at any moment could find ourselves facing death, and when that time comes we can only hope to confront the unknown with the peace that comes from the knowledge that we lived our life
- Happy Thanksgiving America, Here is Your History!
The Pilgrims told us specifically why they decided to come to America in the Mayflower Compact – the first American government document: “…for the glory of God and advancement of the Christian
- Liberals Responsible for Our Dangerous, Chaotic World
We're in a world today increasingly defined by chaos. At home it's on our college campuses. Abroad it's spreading across the Middle East and spilling over into Europe. Who do we have to thank for it all? Liberals and moral relativists in power in our country and
- Why You Should Use a Donor Advised Fund
Many Americans generously give to charity. Giving appreciated stock through a donor advised fund has several benefits over other methods of
2012 2014 abortion America Christian Heritage Christianity conservatism Constitution crime culture debt defense economy education election ethnic issues family First Amendment freedom GOP government health care history homosexuality illegal immigration Islam legislature liberalism marriage Marxism media bias morality Obama ObamaCare religious freedom Republican Republicans RINOs Second Amendment socialism South Dakota spending taxes Tea Party terrorism(all tags)
- Bob Ellis: Basically the insured are paying a considerable portion of the bill for the uninsured. It's what happens in this distorted, ……
- franklinb23: TOS: It was reported that an abdominal CT scan ran $2,400 for Blue Shield policyholders in California. If you're ……
- WXRGina: Yes, Spouse, you're right, and we're aware of this, too. …
- Thisoldspouse: Gina, I hope your pastor has an entourage of armed elders - literally. He has put himself in the ……
- Thisoldspouse: "The SBC may simply be compensating (or over-compensating) for their history." Which begs the question: Why only start compensating NOW? I'll concede ……
- Thisoldspouse: There are no "gay" children, only abused children. A disproportionately high number of self-identifying homosexual adults report to have ……
- Thisoldspouse: Actually, cash payments are considerably lower than what is charged the insurance companies. A bird in the hand... …
- Thisoldspouse: Extend this monstrosity to its "single payer" conclusion, and you have... Social Security. …
- JGravelle: Better headline: Baptists Proclaim Satan to be the God of Abraham ... …
- Bob Ellis: It's possible, though I doubt it's directly related to that. I think most Southern Baptists (especially since most are Republicans ……