Bill O’Reilly (Fox News) made our Framers proud when, on March 26, 2012, he correctly explained [probably for the first time ever on TV] the genuine meaning of the interstate commerce clause. O’Reilly’s guest was Big Government Progressive Caroline Fredrickson, Esq., of the inaptly named “American Constitution Society”. In trying to defend Obamacare, she said that our Framers intended to grant to Congress extensive powers over the “national economy”–even though founding documents clearly contradict her.Read more ›
Post Tagged with: "Commerce Clause"
This past week, the eyes of everyone concerned with the continuance of limited government were riveted on the Supreme Court. This is the first time that a majority of the States have combined to protest an act of Congress. In the face of the ever expanding power of the central government often the Supreme Court appears to be our last line of defense. But where does the Supreme Court get its power?Read more ›
Subscribe by Email
Sign up to receive the daily American Clarion article digest, with links to articles.
Recent American Clarion Articles
- Many Good Resolutions Drafted at SD GOP Convention
About 20 proposed resolutions were considered by the South Dakota GOP Convention Resolutions Committee this afternoon in Aberdeen. They covered topics such as Donald Trump, sustainable agriculture, education and our nation's founding principles, Medicaid expansion, immigration, and the
- The Line is Drawn America! Warn the Rulers with Resistance!
On June 18th 2016, Barrack Hussein Obama once again proclaimed he would usurp the United States Constitution (1,180 transgressions to date) by pulling out of thin air another illegal and unconstitutional Executive Order in an attempt to further restrict Americans’ (God given) right to bear arms.
- SDGOP Proposed Resolution on Nonpartisan Elections
I just testified at the South Dakota GOP Convention Resolutions Committee a few minutes ago in support of my proposed resolution against the South Dakota Nonpartisan Elections Constitutional Amendment V which will be on the ballot in the general election in
- Executive Amnesty Blocked–For Now
In a 4 to 4 tie, the Supreme Court has upheld lower court rulings that enjoin the Obama administration from moving forward with executive amnesty for 4.5 million illegal immigrants with U.S.-born
- A Biblical Account of Weapons and Self Defense
While pondering the subject making more headlines than the Cav’s winning the NBA finals - firearms and government gun restrictions - I have noticed many anti-American sentiments around the topic of innocent Americans protecting themselves. None of these sentiments are logical; none of them are
- Disappointment in Paul Ryan Provides Clue to America’s Current Mess
Wilfred McClay of the University of Oklahoma best summarized the root cause of conservatives’ unpleasant choice for president this fall: “when a political culture forbids respectable politicians from raising essential topics, the electorate will soon turn to 'unrespectable' ones” like Donald
- Murder Fills the Headlines
The headline screams: “Police: 13 dead, 43 wounded in Chicago weekend shootings,” yet no one nationally hears them. The Chicago media reads like a Walter Cronkite report from Vietnam, laden with body and casualty counts for a war that no one understands. That is the state of violence in the
- Bob Ellis: Yes, and it is the breaking of our laws which places these aliens into an illegal status. Thus, they are……
- DCM7: Ningún ser humano es illegal... pero el ser humano puede romper las leyes!…
- Clifford Steigerwald: Ryan is just one of the many "Republicans" who are complicit in keeping Democratic controls intact even though they (dems)……
- Ron Burtz: Bravo Bob! An excellent and well researched article. I'm with you 100%. However, with so many folks……
- DCM7: Good point.…
- retiredday: I too will be voting on principle. I love the John Quincy Adams quote. Unfortunately, many voters are……
- Thisoldspouse: It's more likely that the contractor acted out in some anti-social or unbusiness-like manner. Homosexuals want a free pass……
- DCM7: "In some states, no. It's legally permissible to fire someone because you know (or think) they're a homosexual.……
- JamesBradshaw: "Can they not engage ... in whatever profession they choose"? In some states, no. It's……
- Thisoldspouse: I'm glad that you recognize our real problem. The madness that is sweeping over this nation could never have……