Bill O’Reilly (Fox News) made our Framers proud when, on March 26, 2012, he correctly explained [probably for the first time ever on TV] the genuine meaning of the interstate commerce clause. O’Reilly’s guest was Big Government Progressive Caroline Fredrickson, Esq., of the inaptly named “American Constitution Society”. In trying to defend Obamacare, she said that our Framers intended to grant to Congress extensive powers over the “national economy”–even though founding documents clearly contradict her.Read more ›
Post Tagged with: "Commerce Clause"
This past week, the eyes of everyone concerned with the continuance of limited government were riveted on the Supreme Court. This is the first time that a majority of the States have combined to protest an act of Congress. In the face of the ever expanding power of the central government often the Supreme Court appears to be our last line of defense. But where does the Supreme Court get its power?Read more ›
Subscribe by Email
Sign up to receive the daily American Clarion article digest, with links to articles.
Recent American Clarion Articles
- South Dakota Primary Ballot Already Set
South Dakota’s June 7th primary ballots were printed and in possession of the County Auditors’ offices across the state for the start of Absentee Voting on April 22nd. Therefore presidential candidates suspending their campaigns after April 22nd will still be on the ballot for the South Dakota
- Election 2016: Toward the Cliff
Ben Shapiro at the Daily Wire says that those conservatives who deliberately sold out conservatism in this primary shouldn't be allowed or accepted as leaders after this trainwreck. But Shapiro's column also contained useful information for those who are wrestling with the question of whether they
- The People in the Mirror: What the 2016 Presidential Race Has Revealed
From an early age, most people understand that the image we see in a mirror isn’t completely “true.” The 2016 presidential primaries have revealed an image of America’s electorate that is the exact opposite of what it should be.
- Ted Cruz Suspends His Campaign – Now What?
I’ll let you in on a little secret. Are you listening? Good. Here it is: I’m tired. Call it Post-Indiana Gloom. A You Have GOT To Be Kidding blue funk. A Hoosier State Primary Upchuck. Specifically, I’m tired
- GOP Primary Voters Opt for Barabbas
The conclusion now appears inescapable that America has shouted "Give us Barabbas!" in the 2016 presidential race. We have rejected the best presidential candidate our nation has had since Ronald Reagan, in favor of a Democrat-with-an-"R"-after-his-name in the Republican primary. How have we sunk
- Lord Lead Us
Where does your heart live – do you live for now, or the future? Or are you caught up in yesterday? Where we live is not so important as how we live – where our hearts
- The Role of Government: A Fourteen-Year Old Gets It
Many people have taken stances on issues of morality based on “what appears to be” considered the “law” today, rather than on “what is” the law based on the liberty and equality of the Laws of Nature and Nature’s
- DCM7: I think Michael Day's comment from elsewhere is relevant here: "If you want your vote to be counted, you……
- Jo Thomas: So with Trump telling his voters to not vote in the primaries....could that be our miracle? What a doofus!!…
- Bob Ellis: Me too.…
- Jo Thomas: I will be voting Ted Cruz in the primary. Praying for some sort of miracle here because I cannot……
- retiredday: Forget the lesser of two evils. I addressed that problem at http://www.americanclarion.com/2016/03/15/now-get-vote-43825/ "the only constitutional conservative in the……
- Eddie Clever: More discussion is needed about Vince Foster based on the ignored official Report http://www.fbicover-up.com/vincent-foster-report.html…
- Thisoldspouse: I'll agree with you to a point; the Christians who voted for Trump are likely so compromised, that they won't……
- Dawn Johnson Pence: I agree with you, Bob. I have held my nose at election time for the past 24 years -……
- retiredday: Conservatives who still look to a failed political party (failed in upholding conservative principles) are like Charlie Brown who keeps……
- Martina: There will be many tears by Christians that voted for Trump when they realize that he is not what they……