In a 245-172 vote in the House on July 26, the House passed H.R. 4078, the Red Tape Reduction and Small Business Job Creation Act. This legislation, if passed by the Senate and signed by the President, would stop the federal government from imposing many harmful regulations that cripple job creation until the unemployment rate dips below 6 percent. Unfortunately, Harry Reid will block this attempt at stopping Big Government from ever seeing the light of day in the Senate and Obama has promised to veto this bill should it ever reach his desk.Read more ›
Post Tagged with: "bureaucracy"
At the time of the American Revolution, there was no direct taxation. There was instead taxes on various transactions which in total added up to a miniscule percentage of their income. Today, for many it is now over 50%. How much corn are we willing to give to those we don’t trust to do things we don’t want? How long can this continue?Read more ›
Subscribe by Email
Sign up to receive the daily American Clarion article digest, with links to articles.
Recent American Clarion Articles
- Markets Undaunted by Brexit
So much for the promised economic catastrophe that was to befall the UK in the aftermath of the June 23 vote to leave the European Union
- SOS: Speaking of Seniors – Why Isn’t Your Book in the Library?
In my first seven and a half years of doing that for the clients of the insurance agency where I work, I saved our senior citizen clients over one million dollars. I estimated that every year seniors throughout America pay over one billion dollars in Medicare related medical bills that they really
- Supreme Court Ruling Highlights Huge Hypocrisy on Abortion
On Monday, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down two parts of a pro-life Texas law, HB 2, that protects women’s health and closed abortion clinics that can’t ensure adequate protection for women. Lefty reactions to the 5-to-3 ruling highlight the galactic hypocrisy of so-called “safe and
- Why Are Taxpayers Paying for Union Activity?
If the National Rifle Association or the Sierra Club want to raise money to fund their operations that is their prerogative. It is not, however, the proper place of the federal government to be funding them, or unions, using your hard-earned tax
- Court Perverts the Purpose of Society
The Supreme Court's decision, striking down the Texas abortion law signed by Governor Rick Perry in 2013, is but the latest example of the lost, confused, sick nation we have become. In the words of the late Justice Antonin Scalia, "A country I do not
- Hillary Says More Death for Unborn Children is a Victory
In a nation choking to death on political correctness, it would seem that I should immediately follow the title of this article with an apology. This will never happen in my
- Tolerance Police Target Christian Schools
The Tolerance Police are at it again. Their latest target: Religious institutions of higher learning in California. Their weapon of choice is an onerous, over-reaching bill called SB
- DCM7: Any "pro-choice" commenters want to say something about this one?…
- DCM7: As is often the case, abortion is talked about as a women's issue, and the role men play in it……
- DCM7: So laws were struck down that would have (1) protected the health of abortion clients; and (2) attempted to prevent……
- DCM7: And by making a comment that consists solely of crude, shallow name-calling, you hope to accomplish what exactly?…
- Master_Race_Card: You flat earther knuckle-draggers are dumb as shit…
- Thisoldspouse: I saw a graphic on a recent comment board that was simple but surprisingly accurate: "Stay out of our……
- retiredday: I hope readers share this article on social media, especial Californians. Biblical and traditional values are not simply eroding.……
- DCM7: "As it turns out, the guy was a bisexual (or possibly homosexual) and acted out of revenge for being turned……
- DCM7: It's not about what eludes people. It's about what people reject.…
- Thisoldspouse: These people who can "pass" are not any significant number; the vast majority of cross-dressers look like very sad, and……