In a 245-172 vote in the House on July 26, the House passed H.R. 4078, the Red Tape Reduction and Small Business Job Creation Act. This legislation, if passed by the Senate and signed by the President, would stop the federal government from imposing many harmful regulations that cripple job creation until the unemployment rate dips below 6 percent. Unfortunately, Harry Reid will block this attempt at stopping Big Government from ever seeing the light of day in the Senate and Obama has promised to veto this bill should it ever reach his desk.Read more ›
Post Tagged with: "bureaucracy"
At the time of the American Revolution, there was no direct taxation. There was instead taxes on various transactions which in total added up to a miniscule percentage of their income. Today, for many it is now over 50%. How much corn are we willing to give to those we don’t trust to do things we don’t want? How long can this continue?Read more ›
Subscribe by Email
Sign up to receive the daily American Clarion article digest, with links to articles.
Recent American Clarion Articles
- The Rise of Donald Schwarzentrump?
Although there is a sense that Donald Trump's unusual and outlandish run for the presidency is the first ever of its kind, this is not entirely true. Californians, such as myself, remember how Arnold Schwarzenegger captured the governorship of California in 2003, in a campaign remarkably similar to
- No Justification for Abortion or Any Other Kind of Murder
Robert Dear's attack on Planned Parenthood provides the exact kind of red herring that Planned Parenthood so desperately needs in order to continue avoiding the true issue at stake in the debate over abortion. Thanks to one crazy man's actions, the nation's largest abortion provider can continue to
- SOS: Speaking of Seniors – Medicare Needs a P.R.O.
Many people believe that government can solve all our problems. I challenge that idea. In my experience, the people in government who write regulations and proposed laws are unable to think of every situation. That causes problems for us “common folk”.
- Paris Climate Talks a Wealth Redistribution Scam
Sometimes if something sounds like a scam, or too good to be true, it usually is. This is a scam through and through that will saddle the U.S. with a higher cost of business and fewer jobs, and redistribute wealth overseas. Why would we do
- Donald Trump: Should Conservatives and Christians Support Him?
There is really no good reason why a conservative would support Donald Trump for the presidency of the United States. There is really no good reason why a Christian should support Donald Trump for the presidency. So why do
- Climate Change: What Should Government Do?
If climate change were to exist, “What should the government do?” As law-abiding Americans who care about the rule of law, we should first look to our nation's highest law, the U.S. Constitution, to see what government should do about
- Liberalism and PC: Making Fools of Americans
In the liberal mind, freedom must have PC connotations, racist fail safes and stifling regulations attached. Out of the melee of fuzzy fringy and feckless complications is supposed to come pure living in all its simplicity and glory. Like evolution, it still seems to be void of the all-important
- retiredday: A well thought-out article! Keep up the good work. Unfortunately, the "sky is falling" attitude of those who ……
- Bob Ellis: Well said! …
- DCM7: We keep hearing so much about Trump in the media because he's clearly the Republican candidate that the Democrats want ……
- DCM7: Liberal ideas always end up with contradictions, because of the false premises they're based on. For example, abortion defenders tell us ……
- Bob Ellis: Basically the insured are paying a considerable portion of the bill for the uninsured. It's what happens in this distorted, ……
- franklinb23: TOS: It was reported that an abdominal CT scan ran $2,400 for Blue Shield policyholders in California. If you're ……
- WXRGina: Yes, Spouse, you're right, and we're aware of this, too. …
- Thisoldspouse: Gina, I hope your pastor has an entourage of armed elders - literally. He has put himself in the ……
- Thisoldspouse: "The SBC may simply be compensating (or over-compensating) for their history." Which begs the question: Why only start compensating NOW? I'll concede ……
- Thisoldspouse: There are no "gay" children, only abused children. A disproportionately high number of self-identifying homosexual adults report to have ……