In a 245-172 vote in the House on July 26, the House passed H.R. 4078, the Red Tape Reduction and Small Business Job Creation Act. This legislation, if passed by the Senate and signed by the President, would stop the federal government from imposing many harmful regulations that cripple job creation until the unemployment rate dips below 6 percent. Unfortunately, Harry Reid will block this attempt at stopping Big Government from ever seeing the light of day in the Senate and Obama has promised to veto this bill should it ever reach his desk.Read more ›
Post Tagged with: "bureaucracy"
At the time of the American Revolution, there was no direct taxation. There was instead taxes on various transactions which in total added up to a miniscule percentage of their income. Today, for many it is now over 50%. How much corn are we willing to give to those we don’t trust to do things we don’t want? How long can this continue?Read more ›
Subscribe by Email
Sign up to receive the daily American Clarion article digest, with links to articles.
Recent American Clarion Articles
- AFA Ditches PayPal After PayPal Ditches North Carolina
American Family Association has announced that the pro-family organization is partnering with Cornerstone Payment Systems® as its preferred credit card processing provider. After PayPal announced it sought to punish the state of North Carolina for passing a law requiring men and women to visit the
- The Puritans, Part 2
In order for the Puritans to get their own colony, they would have to get their charter processed through Parliament and signed by the king without the king noticing that there was no mention of where the company’s meetings were to be held.
- Terri Haverly: Raising Your Taxes
I received this mailer today about South Dakota Senator Terri Haverly's votes for higher taxes. Being in her district, District 35, I'm more than familiar with her
- America’s Number One Enemy: Barack Obama
When you think of the United States, and the gravest danger we face as a country and a people, what or whom comes to mind? ISIS, or maybe Iran or North Korea – since they all threaten to wipe the great Satan off the face off the Earth? Maybe it’s Russian aggression or the supposed climate
- Obama’s New Neck Wear
I understand that new neck wear is being prepared for President Obama in light of his administration’s actions on May 13th of this year. It is not a fancy silk neck tie, no nor is it an expensive gold chain, it is, well… Let’s let Jesus describe it. Turn to Matthew 18:6.
- States Strike Back Against Obama Transgender Agenda
AOL News reports 11 states have decided not to roll over for President Barack Obama's illegal attempt to force the transgender states on America's education system. Why aren't there more, since there are 31 Republican
- The Puritans, Part 1
The Puritans were people who wanted to purify the Church of England from within. For years they stayed and tried to do just that. There were some positive benefits from
- Kevin: I have to disagree with you David. Jesus said "it would be better...". What lays in store for this "distinguished"……
- [email protected]: How would vote on such a bill regarding NR waterfowl hunters HB 1075 Purpose: Revise the area for certain……
- retiredday: I love Star Parker! Like her, all true believers need to keep telling it like it is. Speak……
- Bob Ellis: He badly needs someone to explain to him that you can't kill something that's already dead. In other words, what……
- Hartbreaker: I just got a bill that was partially paid for by my insurance months ago. They said they have not……
- Hartbreaker: I know one guy who defends the right to an abortion with vehemence and passion (insults and emotions, no rationality……
- Bob Ellis: There are LOTS people who think as I do. Unfortunately, most of them tend to allow themselves to be……
- Bob Ellis: Because several state GOP parties were amazingly stupid enough to allow their primaries to be open to the public regardless……
- thriver7: PS I missed you - so happy Disqus showed your last words to me on our previous discussion. (Seriously……
- thriver7: So how exactly did democrats get the right to elect a member of your party? Why would any party……