In a 245-172 vote in the House on July 26, the House passed H.R. 4078, the Red Tape Reduction and Small Business Job Creation Act. This legislation, if passed by the Senate and signed by the President, would stop the federal government from imposing many harmful regulations that cripple job creation until the unemployment rate dips below 6 percent. Unfortunately, Harry Reid will block this attempt at stopping Big Government from ever seeing the light of day in the Senate and Obama has promised to veto this bill should it ever reach his desk.Read more ›
Post Tagged with: "bureaucracy"
At the time of the American Revolution, there was no direct taxation. There was instead taxes on various transactions which in total added up to a miniscule percentage of their income. Today, for many it is now over 50%. How much corn are we willing to give to those we don’t trust to do things we don’t want? How long can this continue?Read more ›
Subscribe by Email
Sign up to receive the daily American Clarion article digest, with links to articles.
Recent American Clarion Articles
- Party Over Principle? Where Democrats and Republicans Agree
Bernie Sanders “crushed” Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire, so you’d expect him to have a big lead in delegates to the Democrat National Convention, wouldn’t you? But he doesn’t.
- The Battle of Bunker Hill: Part Two
Orders concerning what was to be done to prepare for the Battle of Bunker Hill came from General Ward, the man who would be the ranking officer until General Washington arrived. Frothingham explains what the orders were: “The detachment was placed under the command of Colonel Prescott, of
- When Insanity Reigns
When insanity reigns, we have a God-hating, anti-American president who assures us that the global weather (yes, it’s just weather), when somehow “miraculously” affected by my SUV, is the greatest threat we face, and millions of dupes believe
- The Battle of Bunker Hill: Part One
The Battle of Bunker Hill took place because it was the plan recommended by General Israel Putnam to lure the British army out of Boston and make them pay a dear price to take the hill. This is how the battle came about. The British had decided to take Dorchester Heights, and because of the
- Bernie Sanders Vote Wealth Redistributed to Hillary Clinton
It’s just not fair. Bernie Sanders worked hard to beat Hillary Clinton 60 percent to 38 percent in New Hampshire, and she will walk away with more delegates.
- Bush’s Decomposing Campaign Is Not Dead
One wonders if these professional politicians even consider what the heck they’re actually saying before they open their mouths from a communications
- Government Deifies Itself by Taking More than God’s 10%
It’s curious to me that we only criticize greed when it manifests on the personal level. Can’t we see what is right before our eyes in America; we have a civil government drunk on greed. It never has enough, not enough of our hard earned money, not enough of our possession, and not enough of
- Bob Ellis: Very true, DCM7. While distant starlight is indeed the most (and really only) problematic subject for a young-earth framework,……
- Bob Ellis: Facebook is a privately owned enterprise and is thus entitled to do whatever it wants--including not allowing the criticism of……
- DCM7: "I've examined the 'evidence' for a young Earth, such as it is. I have a background that includes astronomy, wherein……
- A Clarke: I'm assuming you'll get this ... and hopefully, you'll "get" this. Facebook’s “Civil Courage Online” Censorship Initiative Written by……
- retiredday: Well done! Your words have painted a picture of death and of life. Each person must make their……
- Bob Ellis: I don't "invite comment" (when you extend an open invitation, sometimes people of ill intent come a-calling); I allow comment.……
- A Clarke: You assume too much. I've examined the "evidence" for a young Earth, such as it is. I have……
- DCM7: "(the idiotic and unscientific claim that Earth is only a few thousand years old)" Well, that statement makes your position……
- Bob Ellis: Thanks for the background Gina. I see one piece of propaganda from him that wastes my time to even look……
- WXRGina: He responded here because I blacklisted him at BarbWire. He needs to tread carefully. By the way, BRAVO,……