The Texas Declaration of Independence, signed MARCH 2, 1836, stated: “General Antonio Lopez Santa Anna…demanded us to deliver up our arms, which are essential to our defense-the rightful property of freemen-and formidable only to tyrannical governments…We fearlessly…commit the issue to the…Supreme Arbiter of the destinies of nations.”Read more ›
Post Tagged with: "Alamo"
The Battle of the Alamo began FEBRUARY 24, 1836, when General Santa Ana’s 3,000 troops attacked 189 Texans and Tejanos at San Antonio. In 13 days, all defenders were killed, including William Travis, Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie. The Battle of the Alamo was a pivotal stepping-stone on the way to the Republic of Texas, and eventually the State of Texas.
Subscribe by Email
Sign up to receive the daily American Clarion article digest, with links to articles.
Recent American Clarion Articles
- Disney, Sea World and Universal Employee’s Caught in Sex Stings, Child Porn Arrests
CNN reported on July 14, 2014 that a Walt Disney World security guard and janitor at SeaWorld's Discovery Cove were among 18 men arrested in a sex sting dubbed "Operation April's Fools," Polk County, Florida. Those arrested responded to online ads from undercover detectives who posed as children or
- SOS: Speaking of Seniors – Think Medicaid Works Well?
In 2009, the leader of a think tank in Washington, D.C. asked me to edit a research project which the think tank had sponsored on problems with Medicaid. I was flattered and honored that a think tank based in D.C. noticed my articles on Medicare problems and thought enough of my writing to ask for
- Putting Off Legalism (and Apathy)
Sometimes the culture war is merely a distraction away from greater spiritual warfares. The enemy takes on many forms. There are even those times when our greatest foe is the person staring back at us. Ultimately our mirrors betray
- NRA Urging RINO Governor Veto Override
The National Rifle Association (NRA) is taking the unusual action of getting behind an override of South Dakota RINO Governor Dennis Daugaard's veto of Second Amendment legislation from the 2017 South Dakota legislative
- President Trump & the Democrat Saga of Incoherence
The Democrats and anti-Trump forces seem to be so blinded by their hatred of the president that they have lost their ability to think coherently. What else can one think when reviewing what has been transpiring? It is so obvious. Well, obvious to those of us who are not blinded by either hatred
- Marriage is No Business of the State
In the battle for God’s holy institution of marriage, as of late there has not been a lot of encouraging news. The problem confronting us however has roots going back more than 100 years. The nose of the camel came into the tent with miscegenation laws which largely began after the War Between
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Mar. 17-23
This week, we learned that President Donald Trump's "conservative" "pro-life" judicial nominee believes the "right" to murder your own child in the womb is "the law of the land," and so is the "right" to counterfeit marriage, and that illegal aliens are "undocumented immigrants." If that's
- Bob Ellis: I concur. When he was announced, what I could find indicated great potential...but there was a lot that was unknown.……
- Michael Snow: The really Ugly: Last weekend, my sister was at the Rushmore Plaza in the convention center room for a……
- grevious channing: Initially, I believed that Gorsuch was a good choice. Unfortunately, after listening to his testimony this week, which was……
- CoyoteJohnKerr: I just had a glorious week off, serving with a mission trip to an orphanage in Mexico with a couple……
- DCM7: "When will Americans stop letting Congress pander to the baser elements of black society... and start treating them truly as……
- Danny Brand: Ninth Amendment Main article: Ninth Amendment to the United States Constitution The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall……
- Thisoldspouse: I've never understood how so many people could be enamoured by this open socialist in a much more conservative era.…
- Easyrinos: Can you say SOCIALIST?…
- A. Castellitto: “The drive of the Rockefellers and their allies is to create a one-world government combining supercapitalism and Communism under the……
- Thisoldspouse: I'll only disagree to leaving CommieCare in place, even if it does implode, because it will then be a dormant……