March 5, 2012 · By Guest Author · 6 Comments
By David Barton
When one observes President Obama’s unwillingness to accommodate America’s four-century long religious conscience protection through his attempts to require Catholics to go against their own doctrines and beliefs, one is tempted to say that he is anti-Catholic. But that characterization would not be correct.
Although he has recently singled out Catholics, he has equally targeted traditional Protestant beliefs over the past four years. So since he has attacked Catholics and Protestants, one is tempted to say that he is anti-Christian. But that, too, would be inaccurate.
He has been equally disrespectful in his appalling treatment of religious Jews in general and Israel in particular. So perhaps the most accurate description of his antipathy toward Catholics, Protestants, religious Jews, and the Jewish nation would be to characterize him as anti-Biblical.
And then when his hostility toward Biblical people of faith is contrasted with his preferential treatment of Muslims and Muslim nations, it further strengthens the accuracy of the anti-Biblical descriptor. In fact, there have been numerous clearly documented times when his pro-Islam positions have been the cause of his anti-Biblical actions.
Listed below in chronological order are (1) numerous records of his attacks on Biblical persons or organizations; (2) examples of the hostility toward Biblical faith that have become evident in the past three years in the Obama-led military; (3) a listing of his open attacks on Biblical values; and finally (4) a listing of numerous incidents of his preferential deference for Islam’s activities and positions, including letting his Islamic advisors guide and influence his hostility toward people of Biblical faith.
1. Acts of hostility toward people of Biblical faith:
2. Acts of hostility from the Obama-led military toward people of Biblical faith:
3. Acts of hostility toward Biblical values:
4. Acts of preferentialism for Islam:
Many of these actions are literally unprecedented – this is the first time they have happened in four centuries of American history. The hostility of President Obama toward Biblical faith and values is without equal from any previous American president.
1. Sarah Pulliam Baily, “Obama: ‘They cling to guns or religion’,” Christianity Today, April 13, 2008 (at:http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctliveblog/archives/2008/04/obama_they_clin.html). (Return)
2.Aliza Marcus, “Obama to Lift ‘Conscience’ Rule for Health Workers,” Bloomburg, February 27, 2009 (at: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=a6GWyHUjvpn0); Sarah Pulliam Baily, “Obama Admin. Changes Bush ‘Conscience’ Rule for Health Workers,” Christianity Today, February 18, 2011 (at:http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctpolitics/2011/02/obama_admin_eli.html).(Return)
3.Jim Lovino, “Jesus Missing From Obama’s Georgetown Speech,” NBC Washington, April 17, 2009 (at:http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Jesus-Missing-From-Obamas-Georgetown-Speech.html). (Return)
4.Johanna Neuman, “Obama end Bush-era National Prayer Day Service at Whit House, Los Angeles Times, May 7, 2009 (at:http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/05/obama-cancels-national-prayer-day-service.html). (Return)
5.Chris McGreal, “Vatican vetoes Barack Obama’s nominees for U.S. Ambassador,” The Guardian, April 14, 2009 (at:http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/14/vatican-vetoes-obama-nominees-abortion). (Return)
6. Meredith Jessup, “Obama Continues to Omit ‘Creator’ From Declaration of Independence,” The Blaze, October 19, 2010 (at:http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obama-continues-to-omit-creator-from-declaration-of-independence/). (Return)
7. “Obama Mocks Congress For ‘In God We Trust’ Motto Vote, Ignoring Jobs Bill,” Huffington Post, November 2, 2011 (at:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/02/obama-mocks-congress-in-god-we-trust-jobs-bill_n_1072497.html). (Return)
8. LadyImpactOhio, “Feds sued by Veterans to allow stolen Mojave Desert Cross to be rebuilt,” Red State, January 14, 2011 (at:http://www.redstate.com/ladyimpactohio/2011/01/14/feds-sued-by-veterans-to-allow-stolen-mojave-desert-cross-to-be-rebuilt/). (Return)
9. Marrianne Medlin, “Amid criticism, President Obama moves to fill vacant religious ambassador post,” Catholic News Agency, February 9, 2011 (at:http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/amid-criticism-president-obama-moves-to-fill-vacant-religious-ambassador-post/); Thomas F. Farr, “Undefender of the Faith,” Foreign Policy, April 5, 2012 (at:http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/04/05/undefender_of_the_faith).(Return)
10.Chris Johnson, “ENDA passage effort renewed with Senate introduction,” Washington Blad, April 15, 2011 (at:http://www.washingtonblade.com/2011/04/15/enda-passage-effort-renewed-with-senate-introduction/). (Return)
11. Chuck Donovan, “HHS’s New Health Guidelines Trample on Conscience,” Heritage Foundation, August 2, 2011 (at:http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2011/08/hhss-new-health-guidelines-trample-on-conscience). (Return)
12. Todd Starns, “Obama Administration Opposes FDR Prayer at WWII Memorial,” Fox News, November 4, 2011 (at:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/11/04/obama-administration-opposes-fdr-prayer-at-wwii-memorial/?cmpid=NL_FNTopHeadlines_20111104). (Return)
13. Joel Siegel, “Obama Omits God From Thanksgiving Speech, Riles Critics,” ABC News, November 25, 2011 (at: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama-omits-god-thanksgiving-address-riles-critics/story?id=15028644). (Return)
14. Hillary Rodham Clinton, “Remarks in Recognition of International Human Rights Day,” U.S. Department of State, December 6, 2011 (at: http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2011/12/178368.htm). (Return)
15. Ted Olson, “Church Wins Firing Case at Supreme Court,” Christianity Today, January 11, 2012 (at: http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/article_print.html?id=94909). (Return)
16.Audrey Hudson, “Obama administration religious service for student loan forgiveness,” Human Events, February 15, 2012 (at: http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=49551). (Return)
17.“Houston Veterans Claim Censorship of Prayers, Including Ban of ‘God’ and ‘Jesus’,” Fox News, June 29, 2011 (at: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/29/houston-veterans-claim-censorship-prayers-ban-on-god-and-jesus/). (Return)
18.Jason Ukman, “Air Force suspends ethics course that used Bible passages that train missle launch officers,”Washington Post, August 2, 2011 (at:http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/checkpoint-washington/post/air-force-suspends-ethics-course-that-used-bible-passages-to-train-missile-launch-officers/2011/08/02/gIQAv6V2pI_blog.html). (Return)
19. ”Maintaining Government Neutrality Regarding Religion,” Department of the Air Force, September 1, 2011 (at:http://forbes.house.gov/UploadedFiles/Gen_Schwartz_Letter_Religion_Neutralilty.pdf). (Return)
20. ”Wounded, Ill, and Injured Partners in Care Guidelines,” Department of the Navy (at: http://forbes.house.gov/UploadedFiles/WalterReedMemo.pdf).(Return)
21. “Air Force Academy Backs Away from Christmas Charity,” Fox News Radio, November 4, 2011 (at: http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/air-force-academy-backs-away-from-christmas-charity.html). (Return)
22. Jenny Dean, “Air Force Academy adapts to pagans, druids, witches and Wiccans,” Los Angeles Times, November 26, 2011 (at:http://articles.latimes.com/2011/nov/26/nation/la-na-air-force-pagans-20111127). (Return)
24. Geoff Herbert, “Air Force unit removes ‘God’ from logo; lawmakers warn of ‘dangerous precedent’,” syracuse.com, February 9, 2012 (at:http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/02/air_force_rco_removes_god_logo_patch.html). (Return)
25. Todd Starnes, “Army Silences Catholic Chaplains,” Fox News Radio, February 6, 2012 (at: http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/army-silences-catholic-chaplains.html). (Return)
26. Jeff Mason and Deborah Charles, “Obama lifts restrictions on abortion funding,” Reuters, January 23, 2009 (at:http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/01/23/us-obama-abortion-idUSTRE50M3PQ20090123). (Return)
29. ”Obama Signs Order Lifting Restrictions on Stem Cell Research Funding,” Fox News, March 9, 2009 (at:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03/09/obama-signs-order-lifting-restrictions-stem-cell-research-funding/). (Return)
30. Steven Ertelt, “President Barack Obama’s Pro-Abortion Record: A Pro-Life Compilation,” LifeNews, February 11, 2012 (at:http://www.lifenews.com/2010/11/07/obamaabortionrecord/). (Return)
34. ”Memorandum for the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies,” The White House, June 17, 2009 (at:http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Memorandum-for-the-Heads-of-Executive-Departments-and-Agencies-on-Federal-Benefits-and-Non-Discrimination-6-17-09/). (Return)
36. Tess Civantos, “White House Spent $23M of Taxpayer Money to Back Kenyan Constitution That Legalizes Abortion, GOP Reps Say,” Fox News, July 22, 2010 (at: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/21/gop-lawmaker-blasts-white-house-m-spent-kenya-constitution-vote/). (Return)
38. Steven Ertelt, “President Barack Obama’s Pro-Abortion Record: A Pro-Life Compilation,” LifeNews, February 11, 2012 (at:http://www.lifenews.com/2010/11/07/obamaabortionrecord/). (Return)
39. Brian Montopoli, “Obama administration will no longer defend DOMA,” CBSNews, February 23, 2011 (at: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20035398-503544.html). (Return)
40. Steven Ertelt, “Obama Admin Ignores Planned Parenthood Sex Trafficking Videos,” LifeNews, March 2, 2011 (at:http://www.lifenews.com/2011/03/02/obama-admin-ignores-planned-parenthood-sex-trafficking-videos/). (Return)
41. Elisabeth Bumiller, “Obama Ends ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ Policy,” New York Times, July 22, 2011 (at:http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/23/us/23military.html?_r=2). (Return)
42. Luis Martinez, “Will Same Sex Marriages Pose a Dilemma for Military Chaplains?,” ABC News, October 12, 2011 (at:http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/10/will-same-sex-marriages-pose-a-dilemma-for-military-chaplains/). (Return)
43. Jerry Markon, “Health, abortion issues split Obama administration and Catholic groups,” Washington Post, October 31, 2011 (at:http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/health-abortion-issues-split-obama-administration-catholic-groups/2011/10/27/gIQAXV5xZM_story.html).(Return)
44. Alexander Mooney, “President Obama marks Ramadan,” CNN, August 1, 2011 (at: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/01/president-obama-marks-ramadan/). (Return)
45. ”Franklin Graham Regrets Army’s Decision to Rescind Invite to Pentagon Prayer Service,” Fox News, April 22, 2010 (at:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/21/army-weighs-rescinding-invitation-evangelist/). (Return)
46.“Obama Bans Islam, Jihad From National Security Strategy Document,” Fox News, April 7, 2010 (at:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/07/obama-bans-islam-jihad-national-security-strategy-document/); “Counterterror Adviser Defends Jihad as ‘Legitimate Tenet of Islam’,” Fox News, May 27, 2010 (at:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/27/counterterror-adviser-defends-jihad-legitimate-tenet-islam/); “‘Islamic Radicalism’ Nixed From Obama Document,” CBSNews, April 7, 2010 (at:http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/04/07/politics/main6371159.shtml).(Return)
47. Chuck Norris, “President Obama: Muslim Missionary?,” Townhall.com, August 17, 2010 (at:http://townhall.com/columnists/chucknorris/2010/08/17/president_obama_muslim_missionary/page/full/).(Return)
48. ”Obama Comes Out in Favor of Allowing Mosque Near Ground Zero,” Fox News, August 13, 2010 (at:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/13/obama-backs-mosque-near-ground-zero/); Pamela Geller, “Islamic Supremacism Trumps Christianity at Ground Zero,” American Thinker, July 21, 2011 (at:http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/07/islamic_supremacism_trumps_christianity_at_ground_zero.html). (Return)
49. ”WH Fails to Release Easter Proclamation,” Fox Nation, April 25, 2011 (at:http://nation.foxnews.com/president-obama/2011/04/25/wh-fails-release-easter-proclamation); “President Obama ignores most holy Christian holiday; AFA calls act intentional,” American Family Association (at:http://www.afa.net/Detail.aspx?id=2147505615) (accessed on February 29, 2012).(Return)
50. ”Report: Obama’s Muslim Advisers Block Middle Eastern Christians’ Access to the White House,” Big Peace (at:http://bigpeace.com/elcid/2011/10/25/obamas-muslim-advisers-block-middle-eastern-christians-access-to-the-white-house) (accessed on February 29, 2012). (Return)
52. ”Military burns unsolicited Bibles sent to Afghanistan,” CNN, May 22, 2009 (at:http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/05/20/us.military.bibles.burned/). (Return)
Reprinted with permission from Wallbuilders.
David Barton is the Founder and President of WallBuilders, a national pro-family organization that presents America’s forgotten history and heroes, with an emphasis on our moral, religious and constitutional heritage. David is the author of numerous best-selling books, with the subjects being drawn largely from his massive library of tens of thousands of original writings from the Founding Era. He also addresses well over 400 groups each year. David has received numerous national and international awards, including Who’s Who in Education, DAR’s Medal of Honor, and the George Washington Honor Medal from the Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge. His work in media has merited several Angel Awards, Telly Awards, and the Dove Foundation Seal of Approval.
This article is printed with the permission of the author(s). Opinions expressed herein are the sole responsibility of the article’s author(s), or of the person(s) or organization(s) quoted therein, and do not necessarily represent those of American Clarion or Dakota Voice LLC.
Comment Rules: Please confine comments to salient ones that add to the topic; Profanity is not allowed and will be deleted; Spam, copied statements and other material not comprised of the reader’s own opinion will be deleted.
"We don't intend to turn the Republican Party over to the traitors in the battle just ended. We will have no more of those candidates who are pledged to the same goals as our opposition and who seek our support. Turning the party over to the so-called moderates wouldn't make any sense at all." - Ronald Reagan, Nov. 10, 1964