They used to arrest middle-aged perverts who get their jollies from talking dirty to children. Today, they get a television show, a nationally syndicated column, a lecture circuit and multiple visits to the Obama White House.
You know: “Forward.”
The irony is palpable. Dan Savage, sex columnist and founder of the LGBT anti-bullying “It Gets Better” campaign, has been outed. Not as a homosexual. He’s out and proud in that regard. In fact, Savage pushes his “anything goes” brand of sexual anarchy on kids worldwide. MTV has even given the sex-obsessed radical his own show, “Savage U” – a moral-relativist platform from which to corrupt the kiddos.
No, Savage has finally managed to publicly discredit himself as the anti-Christian bigot and bully he’s always been. Never again will this guy be taken seriously as an anti-bullying crusader.
Savage lectures teens in high schools and colleges around the country on the benefits of “non-monogamy,” the occasional “three-way” tryst and any other disease-spreading sexual impulse that might cross their impressionable, hormone-charged young minds (and many they can’t yet imagine).
Well, recently, rather than just shocking his teenaged audience with vulgar, sophomoric psychobabble as usual, Savage apparently thought it’d be fun to bully the kids with whom he disagreed.
While addressing a crowd of hundreds of high schoolers at the National High School Journalism Convention, Savage launched into an unhinged anti-Christian diatribe. He advised the teens to “ignore the bulls–t in the Bible” about sexual morality. “We ignore bulls–t in the Bible about all sorts of things,” he barked.
He then walked through a list of the same tired left-wing talking points about the Bible – long ago discredited – covering shellfish, virginity, etc. “The Bible is a radically pro-slavery document,” he said (anti-Christian trash we’ve come to expect from the secular left).
But when a hundred or more kids got up and began to walk out on Savage’s anti-Christian rant, the 47-year-old tough guy turned his hostility toward them. “It’s funny to someone who is on the receiving end of beatings that are justified by the Bible how pansya–ed people react when you push back,” he mocked. Some of the young girls were seen leaving in tears.
“It took a real dark, hostile turn, certainly, as I saw it,” teacher Rick Tuttle told CNN. “It became very hostile toward Christianity, to the point that many students did walk out, including some of my students.
“They felt that they were attacked … a very pointed, direct attack on one particular group of students. It’s amazing that we go to an anti-bullying speech and one group of students is picked on in particular, with harsh, profane language.”
But the only thing surprising is that anyone is surprised. Dan Savage is known in Christian circles as “the gay Fred Phelps.” Phelps, of course, is the similarly cartoonish Westboro Baptist “preacher” who gained notoriety by protesting military funerals with his incestuous brood of pseudo-Christian haters. Savage is Phelps’ photo negative. Whereas Phelps’ hateful mantra is “God hates fags,” Savage’s central message is “I hate God and anyone who loves Him.”
Savage’s primary claim to fame is that he formed the website “Santorum.com,” to create a “Google bomb” that would smear the good name of former senator and presidential candidate Rick Santorum. On the site he redefined the senator’s last name, Santorum, using language so vile and repulsive that I won’t repeat it. When Christian advocate and Americans for Truth founder Peter LaBarbera asked Savage to take down the website, Savage responded, “I’m asking Peter LaBarbera to go f–k himself.”
Savage also once bragged that he licked the doorknobs at former Republican presidential candidate Gary Bauer’s campaign office in hopes of giving Mr. Bauer the flu.
Savage told the Daily Pennsylvanian in 2006 that Carl Romanelli, a U.S. senate candidate he didn’t like, “should be dragged behind a pickup truck until there’s nothing left but the rope.” In the same interview, he opined: “Mr. Romanelli should go f–k himself.” He also once said on HBO that he “wished all Republicans were f–king dead.”
Yep, this deviant troglodyte is the face of the left’s anti-bullying efforts. I’ve often said that those wonderfully “tolerant” liberals – the self-styled opponents of “hate” and “bigotry” – are the most intolerant, hateful bigots among us.
Thanks for proving my point, Dan.
This article is printed with the permission of the author(s). Opinions expressed herein are the sole responsibility of the article’s author(s), or of the person(s) or organization(s) quoted therein, and do not necessarily represent those of American Clarion or Dakota Voice LLC.
Comment Rules: Please confine comments to salient ones that add to the topic; Profanity is not allowed and will be deleted; Spam, copied statements and other material not comprised of the reader’s own opinion will be deleted.
- Homosexual Radical Dan Savage Bullies High Schoolers
- Video: Dan Savage At War With God
- Homosexuality: The Political Battering Ram
- A New Standard For Measuring Anti-Bullying Policies
- Tell the Truth and Shame the Southern Poverty Law Center
Subscribe by Email
Sign up to receive the daily American Clarion article digest, with links to articles.
Recent American Clarion Articles
- New South Dakota Laws
South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard has signed the following bills into
- Party Over Principle? Where Democrats and Republicans Agree
Bernie Sanders “crushed” Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire, so you’d expect him to have a big lead in delegates to the Democrat National Convention, wouldn’t you? But he doesn’t.
- The Battle of Bunker Hill: Part Two
Orders concerning what was to be done to prepare for the Battle of Bunker Hill came from General Ward, the man who would be the ranking officer until General Washington arrived. Frothingham explains what the orders were: “The detachment was placed under the command of Colonel Prescott, of
- When Insanity Reigns
When insanity reigns, we have a God-hating, anti-American president who assures us that the global weather (yes, it’s just weather), when somehow “miraculously” affected by my SUV, is the greatest threat we face, and millions of dupes believe
- The Battle of Bunker Hill: Part One
The Battle of Bunker Hill took place because it was the plan recommended by General Israel Putnam to lure the British army out of Boston and make them pay a dear price to take the hill. This is how the battle came about. The British had decided to take Dorchester Heights, and because of the
- Bernie Sanders Vote Wealth Redistributed to Hillary Clinton
It’s just not fair. Bernie Sanders worked hard to beat Hillary Clinton 60 percent to 38 percent in New Hampshire, and she will walk away with more delegates.
- Bush’s Decomposing Campaign Is Not Dead
One wonders if these professional politicians even consider what the heck they’re actually saying before they open their mouths from a communications
- WXRGina: Amen, Mike! Thank you!…
- Bob Ellis: Very true, DCM7. While distant starlight is indeed the most (and really only) problematic subject for a young-earth framework,……
- Bob Ellis: Facebook is a privately owned enterprise and is thus entitled to do whatever it wants--including not allowing the criticism of……
- DCM7: "I've examined the 'evidence' for a young Earth, such as it is. I have a background that includes astronomy, wherein……
- A Clarke: I'm assuming you'll get this ... and hopefully, you'll "get" this. Facebook’s “Civil Courage Online” Censorship Initiative Written by……
- retiredday: Well done! Your words have painted a picture of death and of life. Each person must make their……
- Bob Ellis: I don't "invite comment" (when you extend an open invitation, sometimes people of ill intent come a-calling); I allow comment.……
- A Clarke: You assume too much. I've examined the "evidence" for a young Earth, such as it is. I have……
- DCM7: "(the idiotic and unscientific claim that Earth is only a few thousand years old)" Well, that statement makes your position……
- Bob Ellis: Thanks for the background Gina. I see one piece of propaganda from him that wastes my time to even look……