They used to arrest middle-aged perverts who get their jollies from talking dirty to children. Today, they get a television show, a nationally syndicated column, a lecture circuit and multiple visits to the Obama White House.
You know: “Forward.”
The irony is palpable. Dan Savage, sex columnist and founder of the LGBT anti-bullying “It Gets Better” campaign, has been outed. Not as a homosexual. He’s out and proud in that regard. In fact, Savage pushes his “anything goes” brand of sexual anarchy on kids worldwide. MTV has even given the sex-obsessed radical his own show, “Savage U” – a moral-relativist platform from which to corrupt the kiddos.
No, Savage has finally managed to publicly discredit himself as the anti-Christian bigot and bully he’s always been. Never again will this guy be taken seriously as an anti-bullying crusader.
Savage lectures teens in high schools and colleges around the country on the benefits of “non-monogamy,” the occasional “three-way” tryst and any other disease-spreading sexual impulse that might cross their impressionable, hormone-charged young minds (and many they can’t yet imagine).
Well, recently, rather than just shocking his teenaged audience with vulgar, sophomoric psychobabble as usual, Savage apparently thought it’d be fun to bully the kids with whom he disagreed.
While addressing a crowd of hundreds of high schoolers at the National High School Journalism Convention, Savage launched into an unhinged anti-Christian diatribe. He advised the teens to “ignore the bulls–t in the Bible” about sexual morality. “We ignore bulls–t in the Bible about all sorts of things,” he barked.
He then walked through a list of the same tired left-wing talking points about the Bible – long ago discredited – covering shellfish, virginity, etc. “The Bible is a radically pro-slavery document,” he said (anti-Christian trash we’ve come to expect from the secular left).
But when a hundred or more kids got up and began to walk out on Savage’s anti-Christian rant, the 47-year-old tough guy turned his hostility toward them. “It’s funny to someone who is on the receiving end of beatings that are justified by the Bible how pansya–ed people react when you push back,” he mocked. Some of the young girls were seen leaving in tears.
“It took a real dark, hostile turn, certainly, as I saw it,” teacher Rick Tuttle told CNN. “It became very hostile toward Christianity, to the point that many students did walk out, including some of my students.
“They felt that they were attacked … a very pointed, direct attack on one particular group of students. It’s amazing that we go to an anti-bullying speech and one group of students is picked on in particular, with harsh, profane language.”
But the only thing surprising is that anyone is surprised. Dan Savage is known in Christian circles as “the gay Fred Phelps.” Phelps, of course, is the similarly cartoonish Westboro Baptist “preacher” who gained notoriety by protesting military funerals with his incestuous brood of pseudo-Christian haters. Savage is Phelps’ photo negative. Whereas Phelps’ hateful mantra is “God hates fags,” Savage’s central message is “I hate God and anyone who loves Him.”
Savage’s primary claim to fame is that he formed the website “Santorum.com,” to create a “Google bomb” that would smear the good name of former senator and presidential candidate Rick Santorum. On the site he redefined the senator’s last name, Santorum, using language so vile and repulsive that I won’t repeat it. When Christian advocate and Americans for Truth founder Peter LaBarbera asked Savage to take down the website, Savage responded, “I’m asking Peter LaBarbera to go f–k himself.”
Savage also once bragged that he licked the doorknobs at former Republican presidential candidate Gary Bauer’s campaign office in hopes of giving Mr. Bauer the flu.
Savage told the Daily Pennsylvanian in 2006 that Carl Romanelli, a U.S. senate candidate he didn’t like, “should be dragged behind a pickup truck until there’s nothing left but the rope.” In the same interview, he opined: “Mr. Romanelli should go f–k himself.” He also once said on HBO that he “wished all Republicans were f–king dead.”
Yep, this deviant troglodyte is the face of the left’s anti-bullying efforts. I’ve often said that those wonderfully “tolerant” liberals – the self-styled opponents of “hate” and “bigotry” – are the most intolerant, hateful bigots among us.
Thanks for proving my point, Dan.
This article is printed with the permission of the author(s). Opinions expressed herein are the sole responsibility of the article’s author(s), or of the person(s) or organization(s) quoted therein, and do not necessarily represent those of American Clarion or Dakota Voice LLC.
Comment Rules: Please confine comments to salient ones that add to the topic; Profanity is not allowed and will be deleted; Spam, copied statements and other material not comprised of the reader’s own opinion will be deleted.
- Homosexual Radical Dan Savage Bullies High Schoolers
- Video: Dan Savage At War With God
- Homosexuality: The Political Battering Ram
- A New Standard For Measuring Anti-Bullying Policies
- Tell the Truth and Shame the Southern Poverty Law Center
Subscribe by Email
Sign up to receive the daily American Clarion article digest, with links to articles.
Recent American Clarion Articles
- SOS: Speaking of Seniors – Suspected, Not Proven
Medicare officials admit that there is fraud in the Medicare system. But, either they don’t know where to look, or they don’t want to look where they might find some sneaky and politically connected parties committing the fraud. I’d really like to tell Medicare officials and Congress a few
- Oklahoma’s Senator Nathan Dahm: ‘The Hell-Hound of Abortion’
Oklahoma Senator Nathan Dahm is likely to override a veto of Governor Mary Fallin who rejected a bill that would make it a felony for anyone to perform an abortion in the state of Oklahoma. This senator’s fearless zeal for life is refreshingly similar to President John Quincy Adams, nicknamed
- On the Issues: Janette McIntyre
American Clarion recently submitted a list of questions to Janette McIntyre, a fresh candidate for the South Dakota Senate in District 34 . These questions focused primarily on bills that were considered in the 2016 legislative session, to develop an idea of how the candidate might have voted on
- On the Issues for South Dakota: Travis Lasseter
American Clarion recently submitted a list of questions to new candidates for the South Dakota Legislature in 2016. These questions focused primarily on bills that were considered in the 2016 legislative session, to develop an idea of how the candidate might have voted on these issues, were they
- Time for Them to Hang Their Heads in Shame
States have risen to resist the bathroom nonsense and Christian organizations like Family Research Council have collected thousands of signatures from those who are standing in protest. They don’t care that Obama is threatening to stop federal funds to those school districts that do not comply
- From the Left: Controlling Language, Controlling the Argument
One of the keys to leftist success is the manipulation of the language. Moral issues become social issues. The Strategic Defense Initiative became Star Wars as in science fiction. Tax raises become revenue enhancements. If you accept the leftist language distortions, you are accepting the premise
- General Boykin: In the Crosshairs of the Left’s War on the American mind
College is not supposed to be a safe space. It is supposed to be a place where ideas challenge the mind, so the next generation can grow into and be worthy of our national heritage of free thought. Speech should not be feared, but embraced as the inevitable clash of intellects through which
- Bob Ellis: Heard about that. Very sad.…
- JamesBradshaw: Interesting story: http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/oh-my-god-this-fetus-is-moving/…
- Bob Ellis: Many conservatives are now of a mind to win at all costs, even if it means making a complete mockery……
- Bob Ellis: Because they place absolutely zero value on the conscience. The conscience can be of some value when protecting whales or……
- Thisoldspouse: I've been finding residual "scoreboards" on the candidates during my candidate research in this election season, and it seems that……
- Thisoldspouse: "Bullied" is putting it mildly. The level of violence and threats of violence made by the left amount to……
- Thisoldspouse: I would LOVE to see Gen. Boykin on the Republican ticket as VP candidate. He would add a decisive……
- Thisoldspouse: I find it highly hypocritical that leftists place such a high value on being free from physical assault, since it……
- Thisoldspouse: "Euphemisms" isn't even an accurate descriptor. What the left does is sell the muzzle of a gun to kids……
- Bob Ellis: That's what propaganda artist Leftists do best. What a pity most people (even most conservatives) are largely oblivious to……