Oh, they care when they get caught abusing that trust, but if they really were concerned about being a good steward of the taxpayer’s trust, the General Services Administration (GSA) never would have urinated away $822,000 of the taxpayer’s hard-earned money on a conference in Las Vegas on things like
- Catering to the tune of $146,000
- $75,000 for “team building” exercises
- Commemorative coins for $6,300
- $8,100 for conference yearbooks
Consider what a joke is the GSA’s mission:
GSA’s mission is to use expertise to provide innovative solutions for our customers in support of their missions and by so doing foster an effective, sustainable, and transparent government for the American people
We decided as a nation back in the Bill Clinton days that morality doesn’t matter in public life.
It didn’t matter when the President of the United States subjected our country to public ridicule for staining a blue dress when he should have been fighting America’s enemies?
It didn’t matter when corrupt liberals in government forced private businesses to make risky loans to people who lacked the means and the morals to repay money they had agreed to repay?
It didn’t matter when corrupt executives on Wall Street decided to feather their own nests at the expense of others?
Morality doesn’t matter?
Will the American people stop watching sports and American Idol reruns long enough to get outraged that morally bankrupt people are selling our country down the river? Will they get outraged and demand accountability…before our great republic collapses in ruin?
|MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD|
|U.S. House||U.S. Senate||White House|
|Click to email|
|Leadership||Contact Info||Contact Info||Call|
- GSA shake-up follows ‘stupid and infuriating waste of taxpayer dollars’ (dailycaller.com)
- US agency chief quits after reports of lavish spending (foxnews.com)
This article is printed with the permission of the author(s). Opinions expressed herein are the sole responsibility of the article’s author(s), or of the person(s) or organization(s) quoted therein, and do not necessarily represent those of American Clarion or Dakota Voice LLC.
Comment Rules: Please confine comments to salient ones that add to the topic; Profanity is not allowed and will be deleted; Spam, copied statements and other material not comprised of the reader’s own opinion will be deleted.
- South Dakota Homeschool Scholarship Eligibility
- Demand punishment of government corruption
- Seeking a More Efficient and Effective Government
- Legislation for Drug Testing of Welfare Recipients
- Health Care for Illegal Aliens Bill Killed, Will Be Hidden in Medicaid Legislation