You knew of the utter hypocrisy of the “mainstream” media and the rest of the Left with regard to Rush Limbaugh’s crude but apt comments about we’re-having-so-much-much-sex-it-costs-$1,000-a-year-to-pay-for-our-contraceptives Sandra Fluke, right?
Not if you were relying on those same hypocrites in the “mainstream” media and Leftist pop culture to inform you, you didn’t.
Unlike the frothing-at-the-mouth hysteria we saw from these hypocrites and tyrants, very little if anything was said when many figures on the Left said many worse things (things that had far less applicability to the actions of the subject) about conservative women.
- Ed Schultz calling Laura Ingraham a slut (Where was the outrage? Where were the calls to take him off the air? Where were the advertisers being driven away in droves?)
- Keith Olbermann calling Michelle Malkin a “bag of mashed-up meat with lipstick on it” (Where was the angst? Where was the hand-wringing?)
- Bill Maher calling Sarah Palin a “tw**” (Where were the boycotts? Where was the indignation?)
- Bill Maher asking what price might be obtained for Hillary Clinton’s c*** (Where was the indignation? Where was the effort to get him off the air?)
There are, of course, countless other examples of such venom from the “tolerant Left,” but these give you a good enough picture of the rank hypocrisy.
They also make it very clear that they aren’t really outraged that Limbaugh would call a woman who is publicly telling the world she is having enough sex to need $1,000 in contraceptives every year a “slut,” but rather saw this as an opportunity to do the “victim card double play” and demonize an enemy who has been exposing their lies and their dark agenda for years.
The Left’s War on Women
This article is printed with the permission of the author(s). Opinions expressed herein are the sole responsibility of the article’s author(s), or of the person(s) or organization(s) quoted therein, and do not necessarily represent those of American Clarion or Dakota Voice LLC.
Comment Rules: Please confine comments to salient ones that add to the topic; Profanity is not allowed and will be deleted; Spam, copied statements and other material not comprised of the reader’s own opinion will be deleted.
- Liberals Exemplify Tolerance and Respect for Women
- And The Left Complains About Limbaugh…?
- The Obama Administration’s Ministry of Public Enlightenment
- Gingrich Nails Media Hypocrisy Over Sandra Fluke With a Railroad Spike
- Left Smears Rush Limbaugh With More Lies