If you’ve seen the latest TV commercial from Hardees, maybe you were as shocked as I was. When I first saw it online in a news story about it, I thought it was a spoof at first. It was so over the top, I didn’t want to believe Hardees would actually air something that explicit.
But as I read the story about it, I realized it was indeed a real commercial. And I saw it on television a few days ago.
A friend sent me this from the American Family Association. If you agree that this ad goes too far (there’s a link below if you haven’t seen it yet, but make sure no children are around when you look at it), use the links provided to let Hardees know they need to pull it. My family eats at Hardees regularly, but if they can’t see how inappropriate this commercial is, we may need to rethink our dining choices.
Tell Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. you’ve had enough!
Company shows utter disrespect for women and children
March 2, 2012
Do you remember the sleazy Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. TV commercials featuring Paris Hilton, Hugh Hefner, and the model on the mechanical bull a few years ago? CKE Restaurant chairman Andrew Puzder actually defended the ads and casually dismissed complaints from tens of thousands of customers.
Well, Puzder’s at it again. This time he has Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. airing their new Pattymelt TV ad, complete with even more sordid titillation. It’s their most offensive and sexually provocative commercial ever. Click here to see this ad (Warning: This ad is offensive and provided only for the purpose of educating our members).
Would you believe this ad actually runs during the children’s television program “Dora the Explorer”?
If you’re like me, you’re sick and tired of the disrepect Hardee’s and Carl Jr.’s executives repeatedly demonstrate toward families.
I personally think we can make a difference.
Have you had enough of Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. disrespectful attitude toward decent men, women, and children? If so…
The company is blocking emails from our system, but you can send your own personal email to Brad Haley, Executive Vice-president of Marketing. His email address is[email protected]. His direct office phone number is 314-259-6225.
1. Call the Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. consumer relations department at 1-877-799-STAR (7827). Tell them you’ve had enough of their disrespectful attitude toward families and won’t be buying from Hardee’s or Carl’s Jr. until they stop their sexploitation.
Here’s some additional contact information:
2. Call the Independent Hardee’s Franchise Association at 757-497-7297 (the guys who actually own the restaurants). Urge President Bryan Haas to demand that the Hardee’s coroprate office immediately pull this offensive commercial.
3. Send this email to as many of your friends as possible so we can start a real grassroots campaign to make a difference in the stronghold of disregard for family values?
This article is printed with the permission of the author(s). Opinions expressed herein are the sole responsibility of the article’s author(s), or of the person(s) or organization(s) quoted therein, and do not necessarily represent those of American Clarion or Dakota Voice LLC.
Comment Rules: Please confine comments to salient ones that add to the topic; Profanity is not allowed and will be deleted; Spam, copied statements and other material not comprised of the reader’s own opinion will be deleted.
- Cartoon Network ‘Black Jesus’ Insulting to Christians, Black Americans
- The Video of Disgust: A Second Term for the Obama?
- Advertiser Pulls ‘Black Jesus’ Ads
- Coming Soon: Christian Reality Television Series About Women Healing From Abortion
- We Must Break Union Control Over Schools