- HB 1254 revise certain provisions pertaining to the decision of a pregnant mother considering termination of her relationship with her child by an abortion, to establish certain procedures to insure that such decisions are voluntary, uncoerced, and informed, and to revise certain causes of action for professional negligence relating to performance of an abortion; passed by the Health and Human Services committee, YEAS 6, NAYS 1.
- HB 1187 exempt health care sharing ministries from the provisions of the health insurance code; passed by the Health and Human Services committee, YEAS 6, NAYS 0
- SB 192 make appropriations for the purpose of one-time increases in education and health care funding; passed by the Appropriations committee, YEAS 9, NAYS 0.
These bills are ones American Clarion has been monitoring during the 2012 South Dakota legislative session which are scheduled for action in the next couple of days:
|02/23/2012 7:45 AM||Senate Judiciary||HB 1052||grant discretion to the court with regard to personal appearances in certain adoption appearances.|
|02/23/2012 7:45 AM||Senate Judiciary||HB 1132||prohibit businesses and employers from establishing certain policies against the ability of an invitee or employee to store firearms and ammunition in a locked motor vehicle parked on the premises.|
|02/23/2012 7:45 AM||Senate Judiciary||HB 1253||prohibit the judicial enforcement of any religious codes.|
|02/23/2012 2:00 PM||Senate||HB 1187||exempt health care sharing ministries from the provisions of the health insurance code.|
|02/23/2012 2:00 PM||Senate||HB 1254||revise certain provisions pertaining to the decision of a pregnant mother considering termination of her relationship with her child by an abortion, to establish certain procedures to insure that such decisions are voluntary, uncoerced, and informed, and to revise certain causes of action for professional negligence relating to performance of an abortion.|
|02/23/2012 2:00 PM||House of Representatives||HB 1263||provide for mandatory HIV testing for any person convicted of prostitution or solicitation of prostitution and to provide for appropriate utilization of the test results.|
|02/23/2012 2:00 PM||Senate||SB 42||revise certain provisions regarding habeas corpus.|
|02/23/2012 2:00 PM||House of Representatives||SB 192||make appropriations for the purpose of one-time increases in education and health care funding.|
|02/24/2012 7:45 AM||House Education||SB 130||require the school board of each school district to adopt a policy prohibiting bullying.|
|02/24/2012 7:45 AM||House State Affairs||SB 175||increase the number of video lottery machines that may be placed in a licensed establishment.|
|02/24/2012 10:00 AM||Senate State Affairs||HB 1133||establish the Legislature’s Planning Committee.|
|02/24/2012 10:00 AM||Senate Health and Human Services||HB 1185||prohibit all qualified health plans offered through a health care exchange from including abortion coverage.|
|02/24/2012 10:00 AM||Senate State Affairs||HB 1248||provide for exceptions from certain misdemeanor offenses relating to possession of handguns.|
|02/24/2012 10:00 AM||Senate Health and Human Services||HB 1255||prohibit the enforcement of surrogacy arrangements.|
|02/24/2012 10:00 AM||Senate Health and Human Services||HB 1266||reduce the period of time necessary to cure and validate certain adoption proceedings.|
|02/24/2012 10:00 AM||Senate State Affairs||HJR 1007||Proposing and submitting to the electors at the next general election an amendment to Article XII of the Constitution of the State of South Dakota, relating to a balanced budget.|
This article is printed with the permission of the author(s). Opinions expressed herein are the sole responsibility of the article’s author(s), or of the person(s) or organization(s) quoted therein, and do not necessarily represent those of American Clarion or Dakota Voice LLC.
Comment Rules: Please confine comments to salient ones that add to the topic; Profanity is not allowed and will be deleted; Spam, copied statements and other material not comprised of the reader’s own opinion will be deleted.
- South Dakota Legislative Update, Feb. 22, 2012
- Feb. 26 South Dakota Legislative Billwatch
- South Dakota Legislative Update, Feb. 28, 2012
- Jan. 31 South Dakota Legislative Billwatch
- Feb. 21 South Dakota Billwatch